Current Price: Click Here
Customer Reviews: Click Here
It is winter and the biting cold is denying you the chance to do the one thing you’d love to do more than anything…take a refreshing dip in your swimming pool. You’ve heard about the ‘Polar Bear Plunge’ events, but this sounds a bit out of your comfort zone. What if there was a way to get the water warm enough to enjoy your pool year round? Fortunately there is and a swimming pool heater may be just what you’ve been looking for.
Today I’ll look at a popular swimming pool heater from one of the largest manufacturers in the swimming pool industry, the HaywardH150FDN H-Series 150,000 BTU Gas Pool Heater.
Hayward H150FDN H-Series Key Features…
- Item model number: H150FDN
- Item weight: 110 pounds (Can be expensive to ship! Get FREE shipping when ordering through Amazon.com).
- 150,000 BTUs
- Low NOx emissions.
- Patented single header “v” baffle design Cupro Nickel Heat Exchangers that provides for long life, quick heating and little condensation.
- Rust resistant water path with polymer header assembly gives superior hydraulic performance that will save energy, protect against erosion, and reduce circulation time.
- A forced draft system continuously moves air through the combustion chamber at a precise flow rate.
- Rapid heat combustion chamber and Left-side or right-side electric, gas and water connections.
- Easy to use digital LED control panel with temperature and diagnostic readouts.
- 110v or 220v electric hook up.
- 1 year warranty.
Hayward H150FDN Pros and Cons
As I’ve scoured the internet reading consumer reviews about the Hayward H150FDN H-Series Pool Heater, I’ve found that most people believe it is easy to install (I would recommend professional installation), easy to operate, and quite compact compared to some older model pool heaters. Owners have stated that the H150FDN is “quiet, reliable, and efficient”. Another owner called it the “best investment ever!”. Owners stated that their pools could be heated up 10 degrees in 3-4 hours (your time will vary depending on the size of your pool).
I was hard pressed to find many negative reviews. The few negative comments I could find had to do with error messages and the service light coming up on the digital display. This appears isolated though and doesn’t seem to be a common theme.
If you decide to invest in a gas pool heater, remember that you’ll still have to pay the gas bill each month! That’s a potential negative you’ll have to consider when purchasing any model.
All in all, the Hayward H-Series H150FDN is worth your consideration. It does a great job of heating up the water in a relatively short amount of time. It’s build to last and should give you and your family many years of enjoyment. Don’t sit inside during those winter months just gazing out your window and wishing for warmer weather. Get the Hayward H150FDN and everyday is pool weather!
Click here to check the price on Amazon.
Be sure to check out my Dolphin Robotic Pool Cleaner Review.