Endangered Species Dark Chocolate, specifically the 72% cocoa "Chimpanzee" brand, is a favorite in our household. It has a consistent, rich, and very satisfying taste. There is no "waxy" taste that you get with many dark chocolate bars. It's not overly sweet, nor overly bitter…the PERFECT compromise.
Here are some of the features and benefits of the Endangered Species Dark Chocolate Chimpanzee 72% Cocoa…
1) It's Non GMO Project verified – As a mom, there is nothing more important to me than making sure that my family is not eating foods that contain GMO. GMO (genetically modified organisms) are plants or animals that have been engineered with bacteria, viruses, or other plants and animals. There is a growing body of evidence that is linking GMO with health problems and environmental damage. Please, please, please don't subject yourself or your children to GMO! Here's a link to the Non GMO Project to learn more.
2) It's Rainforest Alliance Certified – Endangered Species Dark Chocolate is made with all-natural, shade-grown, ethically traded supreme dark chocolate. 10% of all net profits are donated to help support species, habitat, and humanity. All of the Endangered Species cacao is bought from small family owned properties, helping sustain the habitats and communities in which they exist.
In every aspect of their business, Endangered Species Dark Chocolate strives to improve the environmental impact of their operations. For instance, they have a U.S EPA Green Power Partner 100% wind powered facility. Their HVAC and electrical system improvements reduce energy use by 40%. They have invested in water efficient equipment resulting in 50% reduction in water consumption. They have made process changes to reduce material scrap to less than 2%.
Endangered Species Chocolate is one of the most environmentally friendly companies I've ever seen!
3) Certified Gluten Free – Gluten-free food is has grown in demad for people with celiac disease or those with gluten allergies.
4) All Natural Gourmet Chocolate – One of the comments that stands out over on Amazon was from someone who threw a chocolate tasting party and had 10 different chocolate bars. The Endangered Species Dark Chocolate Chimpanzee 72% Cocoa Bar was the hands down favorite. It was unanimous…even the 'milk chocolate' people loved it.
In another comment, a wine shop owner talked about how it was so smoothe and full of flavor. His customers love it and he uses it during his wine tastings.
5) Learn About The Chimpanzee – The inside wrapper discusses the Chimpanzee and efforts to protect this precious species. Did you know that chimpanzee populations have decreased 90% since 1900? This is so sad. Be part of the process to help reverse this trend.
(Many people also love the Endangered Species Dark Chocolate 88% "Black Panther" Bars. Try it as well and help support the panthers).
Did You Know Dark Chocolate Is Healthy For You?
Dark chocolate contains many antioxidants and healthy fats. Epidemiological studies show that dark chocolate is related to lower blood pressure readings and lower risk of cardiovascular disease. I've included some resource links at the bottom of the page that discuss the health benefits of dark chocolate.
I really can't say enough good things about Endangered Species Dark Chocolate. I buy boxes of 12 bars at a time from over at Amazon. Each bar is 3 ounces and breaks easily into 15 small pieces. I've included a few additional photos below.
If you'd like to check out the 88% Endangered Species 'Black Panther' Dark Chocolate, you can find them here. Same price, slightly different taste…incredible Amazon reviews for both the 72% and 88%. You can't go wrong with either.
http://www.scientificamerican.com Wed, 19 Mar 2014 21:52:00 GMT
Dark chocolate might pack a double positive punch for our health—thanks to the microbes that live in our gut. New research suggests that beneficial bacteria that reside toward the end of our digestive tract ferment both the …
http://articles.mercola.com Mon, 31 Mar 2014 05:00:00 GMT
Scientists say that dark chocolate is good not only for your soul, but for your mind and body as well.
http://www.naturalnews.com Tue, 15 Apr 2014 06:00:00 GMT
Over the course of the last decade, nutritionists and health researchers have been uncovering the many benefits of eating dark chocolate, due largely to the flavanols found in cocoa. Two new independent studies support prior …
http://www.businessinsider.com Fri, 21 Mar 2014 21:23:06 GMT
Scientists have been investigating the mysteries of cocoa since at least 1200 B.C., and the jury's still out on its exact health benefits. The good news is that more and more studies seem to suggest that dark chocolate, which is …